If you are an international student and are coming in an exchange program to Universidad de Los Andes for 1 or 2 semesters, the following information is of crucial interest for you:
- Uniandes University Housing
Uniandes University Housing offers lodging services for all members of its community through its two houses:
A 26-story tower, located in front of the Universidad de Los Andes, which offers 628 rooms distributed in apartments of 1, 2 and 4 rooms. The apartments are fully furnished with: bed, mattress, desk, chair, closet and bookshelf; common areas of the apartment are furnished with dining table, mini fridge, microwave oven, induction stove. Throughout the tower, there are 7 study halls and entertainment rooms exclusively for our residents.
The apartment complex where Torre Seneca is located has two public squares: plazoleta de la U (U square) and plazoleta de las Artes (Arts Square), where cultural and artistic activities take place. The 2nd and 3rd floors are used for commerce: food, pharmacy, School supply stores, banks, hair salons, and micro grocery store etc. The fourth floor bonds the three towers (Torre Seneca and two other Towers used by other Universities) and it has study halls, TV rooms, entertainment rooms, 24-hour gym, laundry and front desk. We have 24-hour security and a management company in charge of the operation of the University Housing Complex.
|Number of apartments||Number of rooms||Fee per academic semester per person (US$)*|
*Amounts calculated with an Exchange rate of 1 US$ = 3.000 COP$. The final amount may vary depending on the outstanding exchange rate at the moment of payment.
*The fee includes lodging, and furnished common areas and room, use of common areas in the tower, public utilities, (water, electricity, gas, wi –fi), 24-hour security, 24-hour front desk, activities done by the University. The apartment is shared, but the room is not.
Refer to detailed information of Torre Séneca in Spanish at: https://vivienda.uniandes.edu.co/index.php/cityu-torre-2
Reservations for international students
- Make sure that you will be studying at Universidad de Los Andes and confirm the period of your academic Exchange program.
- Review the information in the following website https://vivienda.uniandes.edu.co
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
- Resident´s Name
- Identification Document
- Country and University of origin
- Housing (Torre Séneca or 65Home) and desired type of lodging (individual, two-fold, four-fold)
- Total time that you will be staying at the house (1 semester, 2 semesters, other)
- Expected date of arrival to the country
- Other needs of the resident (for example, airport-housing transportation)
- You will receive the instructions for the bank transfer through your e-mail, in order for you to pay your lodging and guarantee the reservation of your housing.
- Upon your arrival to Colombia you will have a comfortable, safe, clean and trustworthy lodging in the University Campus.
If you should have any questions, contact us at:
Telephone: (057-1) 3394949 ext. 1234
Web page: https: //vivienda.uniandes.edu.co